"The women of Bikini Kill let guitarist Billy Karren be in their feminist punk band, but only if he's willing to just "do some shit." Being a feminist dude is like that. We may ask you to "do some shit" for the band, but you don't get to be Kathleen Hannah."--@heatherurehere


Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to Us

It's gone by so quickly, I don't think any of us noticed that this groupblog is over a year old last May.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to anybody who has ever read this blog, to my other contributers, but most of all to those of you who have taken the time to comment (even you, Daran!). I enjoy the discussion that blogs can sometimes engender quite a bit, so that part of this blog is the best part for me.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask all y'all: What would make this blog better? What topics do y'all want to hear about? Aside from our crappy blogger design and basic functionality, what would you change about the blog? Would you prefer fewer, but longer posts?

And, considering we're still having trouble (in my opinion) getting enough posts from enough different people, and we are lacking diversity on some fronts, is there anybody else out there who might like to talk to us about joining up?

I'm going to go blow out the candle now -- Happy Birthday (Late) Feminist Allies!

4 comments:

Sassywho said...

happy blog bday! here's to many more...

Anonymous said...

"I enjoy the discussion that blogs can sometimes engender"

Interesting word choice, given the theme.

Jeff Pollet said...

sassy--thank you for the kind wishes!

zm-- good point. I actually didn't intend that pun, but my language use was infiltrated by the Punster 3000-o-matic years ago, so it doesn't surprise me a whole lot. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Feminist Allies. I look forward to continuing exchanges between this blog and ours.

Btw, I continued my series on female preferences in men and masculinity (all the posts are here).

See what you think, and whether these preferences could lead to female enforcement (or encouragement) of certain aspects of masculinity in men, which was our original topic.